This is an entry level position that does not require a degree however restaurant kitchen experience is helpful. As a Pre-production Assistant, you will assist the department in preparing media, clean tools and utensils for production, so you will work with autoclaves, commercial dishwasher, ovens and other equipment. You will be responsible in performing tasks cautiously and accurately to ensure quality control. Employee must follow and adhere to established protocol and rules. Attendance and punctuality are crucial. You must be able to work independently, without direct supervision. Must be able to work under time constraints, work as a team member and maintain a positive attitude. Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing. A PA requires a flexible schedule as overtime and scheduled changes are likely to take place based on production.
Job performance and evaluations are based on ability to perform and adhere to basic job requirements as follows but not limited to:
- Clean and sterilize propagation equipment and supplies as instructed per SOP’s
- Mix propagation growth media
- Fill media modules and sterilize media in autoclaves
- Clean pipets and make ice packs
- Clean equipment on regular basis from malt debris
- Operate propagation washer and clean propagators
- Work the “Fill Water” station
- Unload and move malt off freight trucks and in facility as designated
- Maintain lab maintenance, organization and cleanliness in all departments (including recycling)
- Participate in educational and promotional events
- Maintain a clean department (which includes mopping floors and cleaning stainless steel)
- Communication with management/staff on daily basis both verbally and in writing
- Work special projects
- Other tasks and duties as assigned and directed
Work Conditions: Work is primarily performed in a laboratory environment. Standing for long periods of time, bending, using a step stool for hard to reach areas, lifting a minimum of 50lbs, repetitive motion and other physical tasks as directed will be necessary. You may be asked but not required to taste beer for analysis purposes only. You must be 21 years of age for tasting. Use of gloves and/or goggles is required when using chemicals. Reliable transportation required.
Wage: Position starts at $17.00 per hour.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement Plan and Paid Time Off available for full-time employees.
Position requirements, title and/or duties may change at any time upon management discretion. Should requirements, title and/or duties change, employee will be notified. EEO Employer.